Ocho Rios villa vacation for families who want to experience culture and relaxation.
Jamaica Villa Family Vacations in Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios has miles of coastline and filled with more attractions than most cities in Jamaica. It is the perfect destination for adventure-seeking families who want to experience some culture alongside their relaxation. Here is a short guide to some must-see places found in Jamaica’s favorite coastal city:
Where to Eat:
- Try Moms for some classic Jamaican food. This small restaurant is definitely a local secret. The food is traditional, straightforward, with no frills.
- For folks who want a little taste of home with a Jamaican flair, try Whalers Seafood Restaurant and Sports Bar. They serve a combination of typical bar fare with a touch of the traditional local spices and ingredients. Grab a Red Stripe beer and settle in for some absolutely delicious seafood.
- When you think of Jamaica, one of the first things that come to mind is Jamaican beef patties. Juci-Beef Patties is a chain that serves up fresh patties in a street-style manner. Definitely worth a trip into the city for an easy lunch or dinner.
- For food and a view try out Bamboo Blu. It’s a little more expensive, but the location is right on the beach. The cuisine is absolutely mouthwatering and the service is impeccable.
What to Do:
- Visit one of Jamaica’s national treasures, minutes from the center of Ocho Rios: the Dunn River Falls. Not only is it a beautiful scenic place to visit, but it is also rumored to be the location of the battle of “Las Chorreras.”
- Float down Jamaica’s White River in a tubing safari! Experience breathtaking views of the jungle in a tour led by a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
Enjoy muted reggae music, white sandy beaches, and exotic cocktails on Ocho Rios’s Reggae Beach. Definitely worth a visit to one of the most famous beaches on the north coast
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding your Ocho Rios/Jamaica travel questions and/or any special requirements. We are just as excited as you are when it comes to Ochi, so send us your questions, Check Availability & Rates whenever you’d like.