Jamaica Villa Serenity enhanced COVID 19 CLEANING PROTOCOL
Additional cleaning protocols and guaranteed cleanliness standards to protect our guests from COVID-19 are now in place at Villa Serenity
As we look forward to welcoming you and your family to our island once again. Our main priority at Villa Serenity is the health and wellbeing of our valued guests and staff.
We’re leaving no stone unturned as we prepare to welcome you back to the beauty and warmth of Jamaica, in a friendly, clean, and, most importantly, safe environment.
Villa Serenity we have introduced a new Protocol of Cleanliness that has been activated across all points of contact at our villa, including common areas, dining room, and kitchen; bar, guest rooms, activities, fitness centers, and spas and pool. It also includes all behind-the-scenes operations.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR STAY
We at Villa Serenity have always adhered to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety protocols. However, our villa’s existing cleaning practices are being enhanced to include several pre-emptive cleanliness measures, guaranteeing you the peace of mind to enjoy your family vacation with the utmost confidence.
We have undertaken a thorough assessment of all points of guest contact throughout the villa. This has enabled us to focus on integrated advanced hygiene practices at over eighteen key touchpoints.
This all-encompassing approach starts from the moment guests arrive, through to the entire on resort experience up until our farewell.
OUR TOUCH POINT “TRIPLE CHECK”
From the moment you arrive at the transportation area at the airport to every aspect of your villa experience and beyond, we’re focusing on providing even more elevated hygiene practices to keep you and your family, healthy and safe. We’ve created these best practices for a touch-point “triple-check” system:
Airport Transfers. We only use private transfers for all guests. We have reduced the number of guests transported in every type of vehicle to ensure proper social distancing. Also, every driver will be wearing a mask and gloves and will be provided with sanitizer for use by each guest. Vehicles will also be re-sanitized after every trip.
Precautionary Temperature Check At Check-in. Guests’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival to the resort as a precautionary measure. Temperatures exceeding 99.5F/37.5C will be considered out of range. Additional temperature checks may be done at the guest’s request for the duration of their stay.
Check-in Process. Guests will be greeted by the house manager, and staff who’ll be wearing gloves and masks. As always, a refreshing anti-bacterial hand towel will be waiting for you upon arrival at the villa, and now you’ll have individual in-room hand sanitizers, too.
NEW CERTIFIED SANITIZED GUEST ROOMS
Villa Serenity is introducing even more robust housekeeping measures to ensure a hospital-grade, sanitized environment according to the strictest protocols, including
- All linens will be cleaned upon and during your stay, and all mattresses and pillows will have protectors that will be disinfected daily. After every room is thoroughly cleaned, the door will be locked, and a seal will be placed between the door and the casing to certify that no one else has entered until you arrive. Accompanying housekeeper and/or butler will respray and disinfect both the inside and outside of the door handle with disinfectant upon you leaving the villa for daily activities.
- The introduction of additional hospital-grade disinfectants including Virocid, Virkon, Lysol, Microquat, and Peroxide Multi-purpose
- Electrical aerosol sprayers for advanced cleaning
- The use of UV-LED black lighting equipment to inspect the cleanliness
- Air duct sanitization in guest rooms upon every arrival and departure
- Steam-cleaning and sanitization of carpeting, beds, curtains, and sofas, and chairs weekly
- Dining Room /Bar wares (coffee cups, spoons, decanters) to be washed and sanitized in the main kitchen
- The housekeeping team will be equipped with PPE disposable gloves, reusable masks, disposable protective aprons
- Housekeepers will consistently maintain all equipment care
- Standard Operating Procedures clean and sanitize all equipment (mops, mop buckets, dust bins, the cart) with the recommended cleaning chemical and sanitizing agent
- Placement of anti-bacterial gels and soaps in each guest bathroom
- Clean Phone devices in every room for sanitizing phones, keys, passports, credit cards, etc. These devices are available for purchase – we’ll add them to your bill!
A TRIPLE-CHECK SYSTEM FOR CLEANING AND SANITATION
- Every area of our villa will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized on an ongoing basis with a minimum of two inspections daily. All restrooms will be cleaned, sanitized, and inspected daily.
- The dining room will have a host providing hand sanitizer to guests before entering.
- All common areas, kitchens, bars, and dining rooms will be continuously cleaned and sanitized
- All swimming pool is tested and treated and will adhere to triple-check protocols
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided for guests and team members throughout the villa.
- Hosts will provide hand sanitizer to guests before entering
- All items that come in physical contact with guests or staff, including light switches, remote controls, AC controls, are sanitized before distribution
PHYSICAL DISTANCING PRACTICES & PRECAUTIONS
It is our priority at Villa Serenity to ensure your family has an enjoyable vacation that starts and ends with safety! To that end, all Team Members will wear gloves and protective face masks. Also,
- No outside visitors unless pre-authorized
- Hand sanitizer provided upon return to the villa (We have our preferred service providers to provide hand sanitizers to guests upon arrival and exiting their vehicles.)
- Nods and smiles are replacing replace handshakes
We encourage our guests to maintain safe social distancing, while still providing a relaxing villa vacation experience. To aid in distancing, we have extended our bar lounge to facilitate safe distancing, as well as extending our gym/spa area. We have also added an open-air patio, which has the benefit of bringing in fresh breezes from the ocean.
- Doors will remain open to allow for maximum airflow
- Bar stools and countertops will be sanitized morning, noon, and evenings
- All bottles, bar equipment, beer taps, and soda dispensers will be sanitized
- All bar glassware to be washed in dishwashers only
- Disposable cups will be available at the bar
- Floors will be disinfected throughout the day
- Porters/cocktail servers will wash hands after picking up glasses, etc.
- All serving line plates, cups, cutlery, napkins, and trays will be removed when not in use
- Dish wash machines to wash at 150-160 degrees Fahrenheit and RINSE at 180 degrees Fahrenheit or more and will include a mandatory pre-rinse step
- All food preparation and storage surfaces will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- Landline telephones will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- Servers and hosts will provide sanitizer upon the entrance to all guests and require guests’ usage
- Menus will be cleaned and sanitized after each guest use
- All tables and chairs and service stations will be cleaned with a detergent solution and sanitizer after every use
- Social distancing practices will be adhered to and monitored
- Glassware will be placed behind the bar
- All frequently used machines, such as coffee, popcorn, ice cream, cookie jars, etc., will be cleaned and sanitized according to triple-check protocols
- Landline telephones will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- All condiment bottles and salt and pepper shakers will be cleaned and sanitized after every use
- Self-service will be replaced by an attentive staff service
- All equipment will be sanitized before assigning each meal
- Employees assigned to individual stations will sanitize their stations and all equipment
- All door handles, and high contact surfaces will be sanitized at least three times per day
- Servers will wear disposable gloves to collect trays, discarding the gloves immediately after the tray and all its contents have been delivered to the dishwashing area
POOLS/ BEACH AREAS
- Water quality tests to be conducted for all pools, Jacuzzi, following a triple-check system, twice throughout the day
- Pool cartridge filters, backwash sand filters, and strainers to be cleaned and disinfected
- Pool floats and any pool activity equipment will be disinfected daily
- Handrails and water fixtures to be disinfected daily
- Pool chairs will be sanitized every morning before use, and again after guest changeovers
- Pool decks will be sanitized daily
- Pool chlorine readings will be recorded every twice per day and not drop below three parts per million (ppm)
- Beach chairs to be sanitized every morning before use, and again after guest changeovers
- Pool decks will be sanitized daily and handrails will be sanitized daily and again after the guest changeover
SPA AND FITNESS CENTERS
- Guests’ temperatures will be checked before treatment as a precautionary measure
- Therapists will wear masks and gloves when carrying out most spa treatments
- Proper cleaning and sanitization of treatment rooms, bathrooms areas will be conducted throughout the day
- Therapists will frequently wash hands with soap and water and sanitize between clients and before resuming treatment
- Spa linens will be stored and transported in sealed bags/containers to enable minimal handling by Team Members
- Massage tables, headrests, and other wellness apparatuses will be thoroughly sanitized after use between clients
- Washing and rinsing of glasses and utensils will be done in a professional-grade dishwasher
- Hand sanitation stations will be available at the entrance to the spa and fitness centers
- All equipment, surfaces, and furniture should be cleaned and sanitized after use and every three hours.
- All door handles and frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and sanitized every day.
- Air conditioner remotes will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
XBOX / GAME LOUNGE
- All Team Members will have access to and carry a pocket-sized bottle of sanitizer with alcohol of 65% or more.
- All Team Members will wear protective gear to include face masks and gloves.
- The lounge will be cleaned and sanitized a minimum of one time daily.
- All Xbox controllers and chairs will be sanitized before and after each guest’s arrival.
- Sanitization stations will be made available at the entry of the Xbox Lounge.
SAFETY THAT SPANS TO EVERY STAFF MEMBER
We’re setting an even higher baseline for good health with new requirements for all staff members:
- Knowing where the nearest hand sanitizer stations are located
- Wearing protective face gear and gloves at all times
- Not wearing their uniforms while traveling to and from work
- Having their temperatures checked before beginning any shift
To ensure all team members stay healthy both in and outside the workplace, they will be provided with ongoing specialized training on prevention and sanitation practices at home
Even our vendors, suppliers, and partners will be held to the new Platinum Protocol of Cleanliness by
- Restricting delivery windows and limiting physical contact
- Sanitizing all touchpoints, including equipment, storage spaces, and access areas
- Removing all outer packaging upon delivery to eliminate any contaminants
These additional protocols and guaranteed cleanliness standards to ensure heightened health and safety measures for guests seeking peace of mind in the Caribbean.
Whether you’ve already booked your stay, or are thinking about it, we want you to experience a worry free vacation.
Enjoy Worry-Free Booking When You Book Online.
Our online worry-free booking means that the best rates, discounts, and credits are automatically applied* by our booking engine, so you can rest assured that you’re getting the best possible price.
We Offer A Convenient Hold Option To Assist With Your Travel Planning.
Qualifying bookings will have the option to “hold the villa” for as little as $49pp. If you select the “hold” option, the credit card used for the deposit will automatically be charged an additional $302 in 21 days. The total remaining balance of your vacation will automatically be charged 45 days prior to check-in date
A Flexible & Interest Free Way To Pay For Your Vacation.
Lock in your next vacation with our flexible and affordable no fees and no interest payment plan! Now you can spread the cost of your Luxury vacation over a number of months! When you book direct with Villa Serenity, you can choose to pay the total amount of your vacation in 3- to 12-month installments
Villa Serenity Ocho Rios Jamaica
Villa Serenity may be the perfect place for your family vacation. The showpiece of the entire villa is our many amenities and staff! It’s heated to 81 degrees year-round and even grumpy old Uncle Ed will enjoy a swim after dinner.
Does everyone want their own private space? Perfect, we have 5 bedrooms with sleeping for the 16 fun relatives you plan to invite to your family vacation, reunion, or friends getaway!
Located on the North Coast of Jamaica, Ocho Rios Villa Serenity is set in a perfect location (in my opinion anyway). It’s tucked in a private spot in a historic and scenic community, minutes to all major activities, beach, great restaurants, and great adventures.
We are locals and live, work, and play in and around Ocho Rios Hit us up if you need suggestions of things to do in Jamaica or check out our blogs.
I love to say to folks that are pulling their hair out trying to please everyone in their family by choosing the BEST possible venue for their family, vacation, or reunion – RELAX!
Memories that last a lifetime will be made by everyone and they have you to thank for bringing all of them together!
Give me a call and I’ll do all we can to make your family reunion as smooth and painless as possible!
Feel free to contact me for more information about hosting a family reunion at our villa in Ocho Rios.