Skip the Lines at U.S. Customs- when traveling from Jamaica!
Regardless of your purpose for traveling, you will have to stand in line from minutes to hours to bypass the immigration lines and security lines at airports. Looking to hold onto that unforgettable Jamaican vacation experience while returning to the US? Download the Mobile Passport Control app free on your Smartphone and avoid the waiting and long custom lines. Before, the only way of breezing through customs is to sign up for Global Entry, but this is no longer the case.
The Mobile Passport Control is the first app authorized by the US Customs and Borders Protection (CPB) to make the travelers entry process easier and faster. However, major airports in the US have accepted the new tech
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
The complete guide to getting Global Entry and TSA PreCheck
You may not be aware of this but you can skip the long lines at US customs traveling, back from Jamaica to the United States
How to Apply for Global Entry
Before you apply, make sure you are eligible for Global Entry.
Just follow these steps:
- Anyone regardless of their age can create a Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) account.
- You are required to create your own TTP account., as well as a complete application form.
- A non-refundable fee of $100 is required with each completed application.
- After your completed application and fees are accepting, CBP will review your application.
- Upon conditionally approval of your application, an interview will be schedule at a Global Entry Enrollment Center.
- A separate interview is schedule for each applicants.
- You will need to bring a valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card to the interview.
- If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your machine readable permanent resident card.
What Is Global Entry
Global Entry is a program is a service offered by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection service that allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers to receive expedited clearance upon arrival into the United States. Global Entry is available at over 54 US airports.
TSA Pre-check vs Global Entry: Which is better
- Both TSA Pre-check and Global Entry last five years and cost $85 and $100, respectively.
- Both program has benefits of speeding up process through airport security lines.
it is essentially the same application process as TSA Pre-check, but includes the perks of both programs.
Key Things to Know About Getting Global Entry
Once you’ve been approved, using Global Entry is easy. You simply head toward the line (or lack thereof) that says Global Entry when you arrive at immigration.
- Entering your KTN in your frequent flyer profiles should ensure that you’re eligible for TSA PreCheck.
- You Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Kids Need to enroll separately
Global Entry App:
- This app from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) does away with the annoyance of that long customs form you get before arriving in the United States.
- You scan your passport information with your phone’s camera, answer all the customs questions and keep it together with your passport information on this app.
- Once you land, you submit your e-form to customs and best of all, you get to skip the regular line at the airport which can get really long and use a dedicated mobile passport lane.
- Mobile Passport is accepted at 20 airports in the U.S. including Miami International Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport, the two main U.S. destinations from Curacao
How Does Global Entry Expire?
The eligibility will lasts for five years. Renewal can be processed online for $100.00. if you get a new passport, or change your name, make sure to update GOES, or you’ll be rejected at passport control.
How To Use Global Entry:
To Skip the lines at TSA security in most US airports on flights operated by most US . Making your arrival and departure easy, stress-free .
The app is user friendliness makes Mobile Passport an amazing a experience in getting through the long frustrating lines at US c airports.
First, enter basic traveler info like passport number, name and the issue and expiration date. Afterward, take a picture of your face – without hat or sunglasses – to be saved on your profile. Another great benefit of the Mobile Passport Control app is travelers can also create a profile for each family member traveling with them.
Second, you will have to answer a few basic questions about your trip. You will spend less time when compared to filling the traditional immigration form by the US CBP. All you need to is to check the “Yes” or “No” box. The next step will be completed upon arrival in the US
Once you’ve arrived, connect to wireless or Wi-Fi and click the “Submit Now” option. Within a few seconds, you will receive your unique QR code. There are no other forms to fill. Skip the frustrating lines and take advantage of the lanes dedicated to registered users of the Mobile Passport. Download this amazing app and avoid the long custom lines at the US airport. Speed through the long lines than anyone else with the Mobile Passport Control.
In case you also like to skip the lines in Montego Bay customs and Immigration, read our blog post Skip the Lines at Montego Bay Customs and Immigration Clearance.
THE BEST PLACES TO STAY IN JAMAICA
Your home Away From Home
This beautiful 5-bedroom Villa in Jamaica comes with breathtaking views of the caribbean Sea. The villa is well appointed with all amenities, formal dining room, alfresco dining a private pool, beach access, for a memorable family vacation.
Villa Serenity is a fully staffed villa on north coast of Jamaica. Our villa in Jamaica come with a full staff including a chef, butler, driver, housekeeper and pool-man/gardener. To assure that you have a perfect villa vacation in Jamaica with your family vacation, family reunion, friends or special celebration. We look forward to welcoming you to our Villa in Jamaica.
Interested in staying with us? Contact us for information about our oceanfront villa, one of the nicest Curacao vacation rentals.