Nearest Airport to Ocho Rios Jamaica
We are often asked by our guests which airports are the best to fly into Jamaica.
Whether you are traveling with children, a large group and is looking for a seamless experience at the airports.
Typically tourists utilize the Montego Bay (MBJ) airport due to its proximity to the resort areas. We recommend the Donald Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay for the best experience as a tourist to Jamaica.
We will explore why this MBJ is more suited for you and also look at the Norman Manley International Airport (KIN) in Kingston.
The Donald Sangster International Airport is the larger of the two major airports hosts a variety of Airlines and flights from all major countries such as the United States of America, Europe, and many other international gateways.
Donald Sangster’s airport is regarded as the gateway to the Caribbean and is comparable to any large international airport in terms of efficiency and services.
MBJ accommodates over 3.5 million customers annually, which is more than 70% of all visitors to Jamaica.
Jamaica closed its borders to all incoming travelers on March 24 after an outbreak of COVID-19 locally. On June 15, 2020, Jamaica reopened its borders to travelers.
The International Airport in Montego Bay has implemented a raft of measures aimed at enhancing the safety of staff and travelers who will be utilizing the port.
- Airports have staffed with personnel who will be responsible for the screening of inbound passengers.
- Public health inspectors are also stationed at the port to ensure that “certain guidelines” are met
- Other measures include the mandatory wearing of masks, the observance of physical distancing, the installation of plexiglass screens at the ticketing counters that will form a barrier between staff and travelers.
- Measures to minimize congestions and are put in places such as personnel to ensure travelers adhere to the guidelines in the departure and arrival areas.
- There will be increase cleaning and sanitization of the restrooms and high touch areas and the installation of automated hand sanitizers.
- Arriving passengers will have their temperature checked.
- Include temperature checks, wearing of masks, hand washing, and sanitizing.
These measures implemented at Sangster International Airport — which is the largest in the English-speaking Caribbean and the fourth busiest in the region — are not expected to slow the movement of travelers.