Explore Jamaica: Ochi’s Best Places for Every Traveler
A continuation of activities and excursions near Ochos Rios that are perfect for every guest in your group. Ocean View Jamaica Villa is in the perfect location to visit all of these places—located in the heart of the northern coast. Currently the Ocho Rios villa is offering a special with inclusive transportation for lodgers to ensure that they have the most colorful and exciting vacation possible.
The following is this week’s recommendations for even the pickiest traveler in your group:
- For the biologist, or the science-inclined traveler, the Glistening Waters is an interesting phenomenon. Located about an hour away from your private villa, this Marina boasts some eerie charm. Due to the presence of certain microorganisms, the glow is produced from chemical reactions that occur when the water is disturbed. This is made even more interesting with the mixing of both fresh and salt water from the Martha Brae River and the Caribbean Sea, which means swimming through the lagoon you experience pockets of warm and cold water.
- For the hippie, Hemp Haven sells entirely hemp-made clothing, bags, and other products. Located in Island Village Shopping Center, Hemp Haven is certainly not out of the way during a shopping excursion.
- Only a ten minute drive from Ochos Rios, the Rio Nuevo has over thirty acres of prime beachfront property. Boasting a history as old as 900 A.D., this property is also home to a famous battle site between the English and the Spaniards in the late 1650’s.
- Any Ian Flemming traditionalist in your group will recognize the name Green Grotto Caves. The name comes from the excessive green algae growing on the walls. The location was used for the James Bond film Live and Let Die, but in the original novel it was the location Soviet counter intelligence smuggling operation.
- For the adventure-seekers, a Jungle Zip-Line Canopy Tour might the perfect adrenaline-boosting offering available. Starting in the middle of the jungle, this two hour activity takes you zip lining over rivers, trees, and see the area from an entirely new perspective. This is definitely a picture-taking opportunity, so bring a camera that you can attach to your wrist.
Ocean View Jamaica Villa is located centrally, perfect for day trips and other excursions to nearby northern coast activities. For other island adventures, check out Ocean View Villa’s Ochi Travel blog or contact the staff