Jamaica’s Resilient corridors &Travel Requirements
The government of Jamaica has created a Resilient corner and new testing requirements for the further protection of locals and visitors. The Resilient Corridors were created under the COVID 19, protocols approved by WTTC ( The World Travel and Tourism Council). While the new testing requirements are in line with international requirements.
Jamaica requires all tour/service operators within the resilient corridor are now permitted to accept both local and international travelers. These establishments have been inspected by the ministry of health and have received the required training to comply with protective equipment, and processes.
Both the employees and guests are required to observe the established safety measures, protocols, and practice hand hygiene, social/physical distancing, and wearing masks in public spaces.
The Resilient Corridors comprise of two (2) parts:
- Part 1: A Northern segment stretching from Negril in Westmoreland, Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, and across the northern coastline to Port Antonio in Portland.
- Part 2: A South Coast segment running from Milk River in Clarendon westward to Negril in Westmoreland
Part 1 of the resilient corridors includes Ocho Rios, Falmouth Discovery Bay, Priory, St. Ann’s Bay, Mammee Bay.
How to Get to Ocho Rios via the resilient corner.
The resilient corridors leading to Ocho Rios, start at the Sangster International Airport and extended from the roundabout.
On reaching the roundabout turning East on the North coast highway toward, Trelawny, Discovery Bay, Runaway Bay, Ocho Rios White River Bay, through Tower Isle and continuing along the North Coast Highway through Boscobel through Oracabessa, Galina, Port Maria, Trinity, Whitehall, Annotto Bay, Buff Bay, Orange Bay, Hope Bay, St Margaret’s Bay, Port Antonio to the entrance to Boston beach.
Jamaica New COVID-19 Travel Requirements
There are new covid travel requirements for travelers to Jamaica. All visitors must have a negative covid-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID19 before they board a flight to Jamaica. The USA also requires a negative test prior to your return to the United States.
It is mandatory to wear a mask at airports, on airplanes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, Jamaica and arriving or leaving the United States.
JAMAICA COVID 19TESTING REQUIREMENTS
USA, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Panama
- Visitors over 12 years old from the following countries are required to have a negative c COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test prior to their arrival in jamaica. The United States of America (USA), Brazil, Dominican Republic, Mexico, or Panama.
- Tests must be done by a medical laboratory that has a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) registration or ISO 15189 certification.
- The date of the sample collection must be less than 10 days from the travel date to Jamaica. Example: For a travel date of October 20, the earliest the test sample may be collected is October 11. Use the Test Date Calculator.
- Samples collected using home test kits (ex. Pixel by LabCorp), along with antibody tests will not be accepted.
- See the full COVID-19 test requirements here.
BEFORE YOU Travel:
- Before you travel, get tested with a viral test 1–3 days before your trip.
- Do NOT travel if you were exposed to COVID-19, you are sick, or you test positive for COVID-19. Learn when it is safe for you to travel. Don’t travel with someone who is sick.
- Follow all entry requirements for your destination and provide any required or requested health information.
- During travel, wear a mask, avoid crowds, stay at least 6 feet from people who are not traveling with you, wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer, and watch for symptoms.
RETURNING TO THE USA
- Before traveling back to the United States by air, get tested with a viral test no more than 3 days before your flight departs. The test result must be negative. Keep a copy of your test results with you during travel in case you are asked for them.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this requirement. Follow all destination and airline recommendations or requirements.
- After you travel, get tested 3–5 days after travel AND stay home to quarantine for 7 days after travel.
Check villas in Ocho Rios rates
Related Information: Villas in Jamaica | Dining |Activities | Bar